border?

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

And He Is Off...

I took Dave to the airport at 5PM. He is now in California driving 90 miles from Oakland to Salinas. I don't think we ever imagined he would be a world traveler, or at least a western states traveler. He has this great idea to take the boys to every MLB stadium this side of the Mississippi. I don't think he will get me to tag along. To many airplanes for my taste.
I am not looking forward to the next four days by myself. My friend Jenn, who usually keeps from getting lonely is away to her sister's home in Oregon. So it is just me and the kids. I almost thought I might take off to my Colorado to see my dad. But I don't have enough extra gas money, so will stay in Stansbury. Oh Dave, if you read this in the next couple days I hope you know how much I miss ya. Okay I am back to my book...I already had a couple of spoilers for book four. Ugh. Goodnight.

4 comments:

THE KLENK FAMILY said...

Miss you too...having a blast though! We are heading to the coast tomorrow...cannot wait to see the ocean! See you all on Monday.

Our Biggs Family said...

That is so hard to have him gone so much. How do the kids handle it? Enjoy your book. My sister keeps trying to get me to read them too but I haven't started yet.

April said...

I've never liked it when Kade is gone, either. (Fortunately, that's not very often in education, with the exception of an occasional retreat or some kind of training. Enjoy your book. Did Lizzy try to call Haleigh today?

Alicia said...

Sorry your all alone! We are going to Colorado tomorrow..but we are flying! No 8 hours in the car for me. I'd rather stick a fork in my eye. :) But hey, being without your friends means that you get to read your book. :)