border?

Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Love to See The Temple...


One of my favorite things about living in Utah is that if I need to go to Salt Lake to go to Costco, that I can also take a trip to the Temple. I have learned that just being able to go to the Temple for even an hour is worth every second that I am there. Everyone is so nice and it is such a place of peace and contentment. Sometimes, I wish we lived downtown so I could go everyday. Literally I think (I hope at least) that I would go to the Temple every day. It is so beautiful in that part of downtown. Even as you drive around the area it is such a nice city. I use to go downtown, when I was little, to visit my dad who lived and worked down there, I guess that is why it is so comfortable to me. My fondest memories all have to do with Temple Square, being with my grandma for the Christmas lights, or walking around the area with my dad. I guess this is why I like to take my kids to the Church Art and History Museum and the Beehive House and all those places. They probably don't think to much of it, but it sure means a lot to me.

I always buy my kids a cookie from the cafeteria at the Salt Lake Temple. They are not any special cookie, except that they came from the Temple. They always ask about it when they or I get home. It has become a little tradition with us and even the cafeteria lady at the temple gets a chuckle at me coming to the counter with just five cookies. One is for the homeless lady that stands on the north east corner of North Temple, and Main. Her name is Carol. I wonder if the reason Carol picked that corner is for the same reason I choose to go to the Temple, I cannot think of a more peaceful place to rest from the cares of the world.

2 comments:

April said...

I love Temple Square. We always have to stop and visit every time we're in Utah. My kiddos call it Daddy and Mommy's temple. The flute thing: it seems like all girls want to play it by default, without considering anything else. I just wanted her to expand her horizons and give another instrument a chance. Not really a big deal.

Alicia said...

I love that tradition of the cookie! You can bring me one next time too. ;)
We can hope and pray for a temple here someday (soon) then we can go to everyday!! That would be awesome!