border?

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Things I Like About Utah...

I feel really blessed to be able to live here at this time. I love California, but I like many things about Utah. The first thing I like about Utah is the Temple, not just any temple, the Salt Lake Temple it is such an amazing place. We thought for sure that the Temple would be extra crowded on the Friday night before General Conference but it was a great place to be with friends. I love being in downtown Salt Lake. It only takes 30 minutes from my house to get to the Temple or the Gateway Mall. I think I mentioned before how comforting it is to me to be downtown, as this is a place I that I visited when I was younger with people that I love.
The second thing I like about Utah is the fall weather. I love the cool breeze and the rain. Today was a beautiful day.
The third thing I like about living here is just being able to take our kids to some amazing things. Today I was able to take Lizzy and our friends to the morning session of conference. It was fun to watch her be excited about the Apostles and seeing the Prophet. Dave took Steven to the Priesthood session tonight and tomorrow I will take Robert to the afternoon session. We were lucky to get tickets from our stake, Thanks President Allred!!
The fourth thing about Utah that I like is that it is a small world here. I have been subbing at the kids school quite a bit lately (another thing of which I am grateful for). But in that subbing I have felt like I have gotten to be friends with some of the teachers there. Well, yesterday while I was at the school, I was talking to one of the teachers and discovered that we were probably in the same kindergarten and second grade classes together. I can't wait until next week to talk to her again and find out more. I hope we were friends. I know I have suppressed many childhood memories because of all the craziness in it, but I think it would be great if I could remember her better and know that we were friends.
I still tell myself everyday that we moved here for a reason. It is not always easy to be away from our family and friends and the familiarity of California. But it is worth it, to be able to forge new friendships, patch old relationships, build new traditions with our kids, and to be able to more easily get to the temple to serve the Lord. I really do like Utah.

4 comments:

Tasha said...

hey i didnt even make the list :o( just teasing. who's the teacher what's her name maybe i can help ya remember

The Burila Bunch said...

Her married name is Nelson. Her first name is Kim. i will askher her maiden name tomorrow. There family moved to Provo when she and I was in fourth grade. She is married to a guy named Spencer Nelson That lived in the neighborhood by the school and church, above the park.

April said...

It's great to see you're starting to "bloom where you're planted":) I love downtown SL too.

Cindy said...

I love fall in Utah too. It was really cold today but it was a beautiful day!