Well, we are now sleeping in our Manteca house. We are busy driving everyone around town. Robert is doing Cub Scout day camp, Steven is doing a writing workshop, Lizzy has gone to activity days, tap, ballet, and jazz dance class, and Kyle has been hanging out with me. We have painted almost every wall in our house, the base boards, chair rails and trim are waiting for the second wind. Our painting got derailed when the furniture arrived. But I am so glad that our friends the Sousa family, helped us get over the hump and getter done on the walls and the ceiling that has needed to be painted for 5 years!!
My computer would not turn on so I "had" to get a new one. Which I love!! So I had to buy Dave a fun Father's day TV, it would look better in Stansbury house, but the neighbors down the street can see our 46 incher. Happy Father's Day Dave!! So our old house is looking new to us with lots of color!! Jenn- you would be blown away at the color. I even painted my bedroom something other than beige or tan, or white. It is blue(three tone paint)!! I can't wait to have the inside good so that I can work on the outside. The kids have loved the POOL! It has only been unused in the evening because of the unseasonably cool weather we are having, yet it is going to be in the90's for a few days this week. I need to get the camera. Kyle is loving jumping off the diving board and swimming with his brothers, until he gets to cold, and then his brother's tease him. Lizzy is having allergy issues with her nose, and has stopped swimming for the last couple of days. I may need to get her some medicine.
Now on to my sour milk...
Jenn helped me clean out my house before we left. I was trying to get the frig all cleaned so I would not have a big mess to deal with when the frig arrived in Cali. Well, I had put about a half of a gallon back in the frig, intending to give it to a neighbor before they packed it up. And as we drove into Wendover, and I finally had time to process that last week in Stansbury, I realized that the milk had never gotten taken out of the frig. So packed away into the tight confines of the BEKINS truck,we could only wait and see what the 10 day storage would bring to us. It could have been worse. Thankfully my frig does not smell like sour milk. I just can't believe that I did that.
I miss Stansbury very much. Their is nothing like looking out your window and watching your kids play with your neighbor kids that you love. I miss seeing Cooper bang on his window when our truck pulled up. And Syd and Brooke with their big curious eyes to see what we brought home from Costco. I miss hearing Lizzy and Bri talk about school and T.V. shows. Riley and Keddy playing in my loft, with the puzzles, or playing house with Robert and Kyle. Or hearing the Taft kids on their trampoline, and my kids begging to go over there, yelling out the window to the girls and Peyton. I miss the mountains out all my windows. I wish I could have gone to the opening of the Church History Library (please someone go for me and write me about all the wonderful books that are there). I even missed the noisy Sacrament meeting. It is VERY quite in our ward. Someone asked me tonight if I was happy to be back, I just gave a little "yes", and he said how happy that they are to have us back. I will grow to love it here again. I love all my friends here, I love my house too, it does have so many wonderful memories. But most of all I love that my kids have their dad just down the street, and home every night. I think Robert was hoping that Dave worked at home in the house, and did not have to go to the office. I moved back to make sure that my husband was happy. I think he is... I need to stop reminiscing and get to work. I miss you everyone in Utah. Yet I am happy to be back, and it feels good when everyone here says how happy they are that we are back. I love being able to see so many familiar faces and getting to know some new ones. Until I see you... Samantha
4 comments:
Samantha,
SO happy that all is working out for you and your family!
We miss you guys- but I'm glad that you're together as a family again. Post pictures of your house, I would love to see it!
I'm glad you are adjusting and doing well. I'm with Jessy, please post pictures of all your colorful, newly painted rooms! Did you see the picture of Me and our old friend Dave on my blog? Funny, huh?
Man...thought I was done crying! I miss you guys more than you know...one day we will hear that Burila car coming in the court again...
Post a Comment