When I was a kid, a boy use to make fun of me. He made fun of something that I had no control over and was especially hurtful. So now I always use something of a Buddhist theology, that is something like this, whatever you make fun of will happen to you or your children. So I try not to make fun of people, especially of the things they cannot control. So I know that when I lived in Utah I complained about a lot of things. Okay, Jenn and Mandi, you don't need to list all the things I complained about. But that karma thing, well, maybe the Buddhists have something on me.
I was called to be in the Primary Presidency, as the 2nd counselor. And Dave, well, he got a huge calling, it wasn't the one I had a crazy dream over, so that is good. But lets just say he will be busy, very busy, as the Young Mens President. I have not served in the Primary for at least 8 or 9 years. I have served as the Nursery leader, and the Music leader; but it was at the same time that I served as a Seminary teacher. But before that, the time I served in Primary was when I was single,(in 1992) I was a teacher in the Primary in Colorado. But I have otherwise always been in Young Women, Relief Society, or a Sunday School Teacher for teenagers. So needless to say I am feeling very uncertain and nervous for this calling. But I am sure it will be okay. Dave will make a great Young Mens President, He has always served as a missionary or in the Scouting or Young Mens program. So I think he will have alot to do and will be very busy with lots of meetings and activities.
The kids are happy just doing their thing, hopefully they will be able to help us when we both have meetings at the same time, and they will have to get ready for church without us bothering them to get their shoes. Lets just say we will be saying alot of extra prays for awhile.
Hope that this post finds those reading it well. I have not heard from some of you that I miss in so much in Utah. Can't wait to see the snow, when we make a trip back sometime this fall or winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment