border?

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chances are...

Have you ever done something and wished you hadn't? Have you ever done something and been so glad that you did? Chances are you can answer yes to both of these questions. I have looked into my rear view mirror of life many times to see a situation, in which I quickly wished that it had never transpired. But as time goes by the speed bump, or crash, or whatever it was, that I had wished away; seems to have been a reward of some kind. I see that some experiences in our lives propel us to a different level of life. Some experiences may propel us down at first, but then the lift up comes ever so gradually or quickly. I once wanted to be a motivational speaker, yes, laugh if you must; but I have had a crazy life to drive through. The situations in my rear view mirror to me seem a compelling story to help young people who are ensnared in the follies of youth. I am sure every parent feels, at some point, that their children will listen to their experiences and stay away from those things and avoid the mishaps of youth. I have seen some children that don't have "families" that seem ideal, or youth who decide a little "fun" will never hurt them and so they struggle to get into the right paths of life. I wish that I could give a big "YOU CAN CHANGE" pep talk to all those kids. Anyway, I am just so thankful for the wisdom to see, that what is in the front window coming straight at me, is an experience that will help me or someone I know in the future. So thanks for the views.

No comments: