
With one month left of summer vacation, I thought I would update the world on what we have been doing for the last few weeks. We spent our annual week in Lake Tahoe. We love going there, even if it means that we have to be in a very small room with all six of us. The kids usually make new friends with someone in the complex and Steven, as usual, wins the cash prize Bingo. Dave and Steve went to one day of the practice round of the Celebrity Golf Tournament. Steve likes to get autographs and feels like he met some important people.
Our friends, the Sousa family met us in Tahoe with Rachel Halleck and her boys. It was fun to see what a great time the kids were having. We brought a couple of Dave's "Young Men" back with us so they could attend EFY (Especially for Youth) a church program for teenagers. It has been fun to see Yatsu and Bobby. Steve is off to another Scout camp. Although he was not to happy about having to go again. It is better for him to be busy. The little boys are taking swim lessons this week and last. Robert is such a good swimmer. But alas he will be joining Steven on the football field instead of the swimming pool. Football starts in a week or so. Lizzie and Kyle are getting ready for soccer. We shopped for school clothes in Reno and Tahoe, glad we could help those local economies. We finally bought a backboard for our three year broken hoop. So we will have some family shoot outs before school starts too.
I have all my paper work in for LDS business college and will be starting school in September. the little boys seem to think it is funny that I am going back to college. I sorta feel like Goofy in the movie "Goofy Movie" where he goes back to college when his son goes to college. Although I won't be joining my kids in college I do feel a bit old. I hope that I won't feel that way when I get there and am sitting in class. Maybe that is just the adversary trying to sway me from going to school. Believe me I have felt a couple of times maybe I shouldn't be going because I am old or that it might not be the right thing. But the future is coming, with four other people that need to go to college and serve missions, we need to be prepared.
Dave has been working and we have not gone with him anywhere. Because every where he is going it is so hot, that we figure we will wait for cooler temperatures to visit these places. However, I am wishing that I would have gone to my high school reunion. After I saw all the pictures from those that did attend I was kicking myself for not making it there. But I need to go to Pueblo and see my dad very soon. So I hope I can work out a road trip to get there. Well I will post a couple of pics of Tahoe, and random other stuff that might be hidden on my computer. I need to fix the layout on my blog. Not sure why blogger changed everything but I guess I will get use to it.
1 comment:
You have been busy. It is so fun to hear what you are all up to. Your chidren are beautiful. I know they should be growing up because our kids are growing up but it is still hard to imagine. Good luck with school this fall. I think it is great that you are going back. You will do wonderful so don't fret!
Post a Comment