border?

Friday, February 25, 2011

Thought of Love, That Make You Want To Cry.

So I have been thinking about my little niece and my dad so much this week that I thought I would blog about it. (Not that anyone really wants to read about this). So I was looking at my dresser and mirror in my bedroom. I have had this set since I was 13 or 14 years old. My Dad bought it for me. I was thinking of all the amazing things that have happened in my life, realizing that it was over 24 years ago that this furniture was new. So I was given my dad's desk, when he passed away this last December, and it was my grandfather's desk before it was my dads. So I was thinking about all the stories this little piece of furniture could tell if it had a voice. My dad use to write down what he spent his money on, and things that happened in his life in a little book. None of those books made it, how I wish I had just some of those writings to remember my dad with. I will always feel like I wasted some opportunities to go and see my dad before he passed away. Time goes by quickly and before you know it people you want to hug are gone. I miss my dad.


EMILY
So the other day I just had this sweet little feeling come to me. And I was caught by the fact that so small of things can take us to memories and thoughts of our loved ones. It is really hard to not wish that Emmers was still here. Her sweet little angel face, I miss getting her fabulous hugs and sweet princess voice. I can only thank my Heavenly Father for the memories of her those few days she was in our home. I believe she secretly had on Dorothy shoes and she just clicked her heels and said "there is no place like home." I am sure that she is having a sweet time in her Heavenly Home waiting for us, and hoping that we are enjoying the memories and life we still need to live. These thoughts are comforting, but none the less my heart still aches for just one more little drawing and sweet smile.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Samantha, you are so sweet and so thought provoking. I love reading your blog posts. Having lost my dad over 18 years ago I can relate to how you are feeling about yours. And having lost my niece (42 years old) last month, I can somewhat relate how you feel...
I was at the temple yesterday when our daughter, Rachel, received her endowment. I felt inspired while waiting in the Celestial room for my daughter that this is how my dad felt waiting for my niece to arrive. And I am sure he gave her just as big a hug as I gave my daughter when she walked into the Celestial room to be with us. :)
Aren't eternal families wonderful?