border?

Sunday, August 3, 2008

"For verily this is a day appointed unto you to rest from your labors, and to pay thy devotions unto the Most High"


I love Sunday!!! I think I like it because no one makes me really do anything. I don't have to do the laundry, or the dishes, or make the children's rooms look good. I choose to go to church. I choose to participate at the meetings. I choose to make dinner (something I usually hate to do). I get to play my one handed piano with no complaints. Our kids generally obey a little more on Sunday. I can read or take a nap and nobody asks if I am sick. I am grateful that the Lord said the seventh day is to rest from your labors.

I think the one thing I never rest from is trying to improve my testimony of the gospel. Even in the little questions I ask our children, trying to give them that shield and protection that a testimony can give us. I can only hope that my little ones will truly know the truth. I think seeing them trying to navigate the world through spiritual eyes helps me to realize the importance of have good spiritual vision myself. I think Sundays are great to have a day to fine tune yourself ,and evaluate where you are in your testimony. It works for me. I love it. Happy Resting

3 comments:

April said...

well said!

Our Biggs Family said...

I agree! It is so good to see updates on your family. I love blogs because they give us the chance to stay connected.

Anonymous said...

Amen, Amen, and Amen!