border?
Friday, September 19, 2008
I'm in way to much!!!
You know you're a control freak or over extended when....You are on the PTA and the Community Counsel. Work in three of four children's class rooms, work as the bus duty and wish you could sub a few days a week. You also, sort of, volunteer to head up the school walk-jog-a-thon. When you have three callings at church (although one calling is just paying attention to things that happen in the ward so you can write a history at the end of the year). You might be a control freak when you read your husband's work email, and are always interested in what his boss has to say. You also might be a control freak if you are watching housing prices in two states, and constantly wondering if your renter is also watching the housing prices. Can you say I need to relax!!! I think things this week have caught up to me. Robert's baptism is Saturday and I am wondering if David talked to the ward mission leader about the keys to the font, will he remember to go check the baptismal clothes?? I failed to get someone to play the piano for me to sing at Robert's baptism, so I hate to do it Acapella. Since I only do that when it is late at night and I am singing the boys to sleep. But singing at the kids baptism is a tradition?? (Can I let that go??) Robert wanted a jumpy house, but there again the mother failed to afford such an adventure. I hope sleeping under the stars will be good enough. I did buy him butter popcorn (his favorite). I am not complaining about being a control freak. I think I just get a little frustrated when I fail to get something done that I needed or wanted to do. Oh well. I still have time to blog. I need to hurry now and run to a meeting. hahaha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, you were making me dizzy just reading all that, you crazy girl. Have you read Elder Oak's talk, "Good, Better, Best"? http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-775-38,00.html
It has such a great message and might help you let go a little. Hope you guys are doing well. Busy, for sure, it sounds like.
that control freak thing i think it's in the genes! i also think we get a bit caught up in trying to make things perfect for our kids because we didn't have it that way. it's ok. what they will remember was that you were there! hang in there.
Post a Comment