border?

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Lord Blesses Us With Good Friends

I was initially getting on to blog about the crazy ride to Cali, with our kids, for Dave's Uncle's funeral. It is always one thing or another while driving two days and a hotel stay. We love our kids but they are hard to keep happy for this long ride.

But when I logged on to my email while waiting for Dave's laptop to load my blog, I got an email about my friend. Emily has been my friend since we were new mothers. We have not lived in the same neighborhood since Lizzy and Elise were little. But we have always stayed close as friends. She has so much energy and is so much fun to be with. Their family is always doing something wildly fun. So when I read that she is having some complications after her baby was born, it just makes me so thankful for the blessing of good friends, and keeping those relationships, and praying that she will recover quickly to enjoy her new baby girl.

As we are travelling back to Cali, I needed to call on a few of my good friends to help me out with my kids while Dave and I go to the Rosary on Friday night. They each were so great to be willing to let the kids hang out with them. Even though each of them had something else going on. Thank you!!! Our friends back in Utah were also willing to watch our dog, get our mail and keep an eye on our things there.

It is so hard to need to come back to Cali under these hard circumstances with our family. I wish we would have called Dave's uncle when he first got back to Cali from Indiana. I guess we just thought that he would be fine. (He had had a mild heart attack while visiting his grandson at Notre Dame). It seems like the last time we saw his all his aunts and uncles was at another Uncle's funeral. It is so hard to see the generation that we look to for advice and direction slowly moving into the eternal realms. I wish that our human frailties did not make it so hard to remember to express love and gratitude to our family and friends. So to all my friends who visit my blog. I love you and am thankful that our Father in Heaven has allowed us to be friends in this life. I know that for whatever reasons our paths have crossed it is for our mutual benefit. Take care until I see you again. Samantha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you survived the crazy drive there! I So know how it is! I hope all goes well and that your family feels the arms of our Savior around you at this time.
Travel Safe.

THE KLENK FAMILY said...

Great to chat for a second last night...drive home safe and see you tonight!