border?

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Lord's University


Dave was home for the weekend. So we played hookie from Elementary School and went to the open house for the newest of the Lord's Universities. The Draper Temple. I am so glad that I did not skip this tradition for our family. We have been to the Fresno Temple open house (Dave, Steven, Lizzie and I in 1999/2000?), the Sacramento Temple open house(2006) and now the Draper Temple. So including when Lizzie was sealed to us in 1999, and Robert in 2002, Steven and Lizzie have been in the House of the Lord five times. WoW. I am so excited to take those old enough to the Temple Dedication. It is very exciting to me for us to be able to participate in the dedication. I know Steven is very excited. He signed up for a recommend the first day he could. He asked many questions as we walked through the Temple, like what is that, and why is this here, and why are we in the dressing room, why is that design on the wall. As I am typing this, I just realized that it will be (hopefully)a little over six years when he goes to the temple for his endowments before his mission. That doesn't seem so far away. Kyle just turned six, and it seems like yesterday that I was just having that little guy. So six years are going to fly by. I hope we are preparing them to be good missionaries. I hope that I can take Steven to the Salt Lake Temple before we move, I need to get cracking on some family names. As my friend Janice said, we can "dig some up".
It is so late and I should go to bed. But Dave never called to say goodnight. So I can't sleep. But what is new. So now it is morning and I better go. Hope you can get to a Temple near you. I Love to see the Temple! Have a nice day!

No comments: