So those of you who read the sunshine report are aware that I am going to LDS Business College. I absolutely LOVE it. What an amazing blessing it has been to study at a "church" school. I have amazing instructors and I love being able to associate with the young adults at the school. It is fun to see them learning and growing. I was especially blessed this semester to facilitate a class that is exclusively at the BC. It is called Foundations of Learning. It is a principle based curriculum that teaches how to learn the Lord's way and understand their unique role as students in the Lords Temple of Learning. I had an amazing group of Young Adults in class and I will miss talking and discussing with them the principles that the Lord wants us to build our eternal foundations on to return to him.
A couple of other interesting things that have happened to me this semester was my keyboarding class. Again early readers of the blog would be aware of my chickenpox typing handicap. But thanks to Sister Meier I can type a turtles pace by touch, and hopefully with some practice next semester I will be able to type at unforeseen speeds. I am grateful for the skill and hope that it will help me in the future to be a better paralegal.
And my last note for the semester, I feel like there will never be enough time to learn all the stuff I need to know and understand to be a paralegal. There is so much information and I have tried my best to do all that I can to understand it but somehow it just feels like I learned stuff, but the confidence of knowing and applying it is still a little ways off. I suppose that is why I still have a few more semesters to improve my skills.
So school starts again on May 18, and I will be taking Legal Research and Writing, Contracts, and Torts; along with Skill building and a Religion class on the Pearl of Great Price. I will love it. It sounds like it will be a challenge but with the Lord's help and the help of my little family we will get through it. I am just so grateful to be able to go to school and hope that we will be blessed for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment