border?

Showing posts with label family. Show all posts
Showing posts with label family. Show all posts

Thursday, August 5, 2010

An Angel Doesn't Have Wings...




The hardest things in life are heart wrenching. I have survived some of the hardest things in life. But what my nephew and his wife, my sister, and her husband have been called upon to endure is above hard. My Little sweet niece Emily Ann Searcy was in an drowning accident, a week ago today. At this time last week Dave and I were at Primary children's hospital with my family. Hoping that by all miracles that our little Princess girl would be able to overcome being in the water. But God had other plans. So today our family said, "wait for us to finish our work and we will see you soon".
This is incredibly hard. To see our Princess so full of life a little over a week ago,and missing her so incredibly that it feels like you chest could be crushed from pain of wanting. If I feel like this can you imagine my sister and her husband, and her daughter in law and son. Not to mention the big sister of Emily.
I hope that as we go on that what ever the reason for her early departure from this life may be revealed to us. All I can say is how much I love my family and this little girl. She made me want to smile and I have wonderful memories of her. Please God, Help us feel better and at least be able to move forward.

Monday, July 5, 2010

16 Years, 4 wonderful kids, and Lots More To Do


On July 1, Dave and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary. We did not do anything spectacular that day. So I guess we are getting to be old married people. July is always a busy month with our birthday's and our annual Lake Tahoe trip. The summer seems to be flying by and that is just fine with me. I have alot of things to look forward to this year. Our oldest two kids will both be in Jr. High and the Mutual program of our church. It should make for interesting dinner conversations. The kids have all decided on a sport to play in the fall, and I have signed up for school at LDS Business College. I am a little scared to go back to school, partially because that means I have to be serious about going to work in a couple of years. I love being a "stay-at-home mom", but the reality of a mission in a little more than 5 years and college for Lizzy in six years has us thinking we need to have a plan for the future. Which involves me doing something to help out, our family, besides my substitute teaching hobby. It is just a little scary to take a leap of going back to school after 16 years. I love the law though and so it should be fun to study to be a Para-legal. Well I guess the future comes quickly because 16 years have gone by very quickly, and time just keeps going. Enjoy the rest of the summer, I know we have plans for almost every week until school starts.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Getting Us Together


I was trying so hard to post only happy things but today(weekends are really hard) I was just really wanting to be with Dave. I have an underlying feeling that everything will turnout okay. So I decided to try a rent or lease to own, on my house, here in Stansbury. I got a few calls. One that seemed really promising, and was somewhat to good to be true. Longish story, but that is not going to happen. The possibility of this couple really being able to buy our house, at what they said they would buy it for is a long shot. I asked them for some more financial info, and they have not returned my calls, so I don't know if this is going to happen. (I just checked my email and sure enough they don't want to give me the info). Glad I listened to my friends in Cali, to double check everything!! Then this nice couple from Wyoming came and looked at my house. They are currently trying to see if they can qualify for a loan, to buy my house at a VERY low amount. Dave's words keeping ringing in my ears about taking a loss for the company, well lets just say that is inevitable in this market, unless we go with option keep the house. Which is somewhat feasible, but not really what would seem to be the best option. I keep trying to figure out why I want to keep one foot in Utah, when my husband is in California. I want, and need our family to be together. It is very hard to keep waiting and wondering when the light at the end of the tunnel is going to be reached. I really don't want to take a huge loss on the house. And if I hire a realtor we will walk away with less, than if I let it go at the really low price to the Wyoming couple. The rent to owners could have made the full payment and would take great care of the yard. But then this is going to happen now. I have been told to sell my house here, because I could buy another house in California and make up my loss in ten years. But I am not sure if buying a new house is the right thing to do either. We are having some issues with our new renter's and I am frankly tired of worrying about that house. Okay that is enough. Think positive thoughts. We don't lose anything if we don't sell our house and thank goodness we did not sell our house in California.